Wednesday, February 11, 2009

All about me!

So because Jackson is pretty much all I blog about, here is a post all about me! As promised, here are some pictures of the bag I made:It was so fun to make. I love the feeling of accomplishment after taking pieces of fabric and turning them into something you can use and like! I had a bunch of fabric left over and I made a wallet using a pattern my friend showed me online (thanks Cambria). The flowers on the front are already starting to fray, so I am trying to come up with anther way to make them.
It needs some work, but now that I have made one, and taught myself how to install a zipper I am going to try again.

This past Saturday Devon and I "competed" in a team triathlon. We were actually on different teams but we both did the swimming leg. We were both so nervous which was silly because it was just for fun and we only had to swim 500 yards (10 laps (down and back=one lap)). I actually surprised myself and swam it about a minute and a half faster than I thought I would and ended up finishing 6th out of 30 swimmers.

So there you have it...a post all about me!

4 comments:

The Creagers said...

Denise...you are so talented! I wish I wasn't as scared of my sewing machine...but seriously, I'm impressed. I didn't know that you were still swimming, that's cool.

Clint and Tiffany said...

Hey! This is Tiffany, I'm Clint Woods' wife! He'll post a comment later and wanted me to ask if you ever hear from Chuck. I have to say I'm very impressed with your sewing, Denise, good job! How fun! How did you find us? We added you to our list of friends and hope to hear more from you!

Unknown said...

Can I have that?

Anonymous said...

That bag is so cute! And your wallet is adorable too! We have that same fabric... go figure! :)

What triathlon did you do? I have a goal to do a sprint this year.